Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cupcake card


If you're anything like me, you spend a fair amount of time online or in magazines looking at the latest and greatest paper craft products. I love to see what everyone else is working on. It gives me ideas and inspiration. If you are a lot like me while browsing other crafter's works you will undoubtedly find something that you don't yet have but can't possibly live another day without. Is any of this sounding familiar? (You know who you are!!!) Well that is exactly what happened to me when I saw this Lucy Bird patterned paper pack by Imaginisce.
I used pink, blue, brown and yellow cardstock from my stash. Then I cut a square of the Lucy Bird paper and layered that on a strip of brown cardstock that I punched. I added a larger strip of the brown cardstock on top and then cut three scalloped squares with my Nestabilities. Next I stamped the cupcake six times. Six you ask, but I only see three. I stamped it six times, coloring three complete images and three extra flowers with my copics. I cut the cupcakes out with a circle Nestabilitie then I applied Liquid Applique for the frosting added a little glitter (no project is complete until I sparkle) and set it with my heat gun. Next I filled in the flowers with my Spica glitter pens, cut the three extra flowers out and attached each with a pop dot. To finish off the card I attached each of the stamped images with another pop dot.

No comments: