Sunday, May 1, 2011

Button Card


This is a new stamp set  called Button Boutique released in February by Papertrey Ink. As soon as I saw it I was instantly reminded of my Grandma's sewing room. She was the best seamstress I have ever known. When my oldest daughter was little she would pick what she wanted to be for Halloween and within a few days Grandma had the perfect costume ready for her. Wish I had some of her talent, but no matter how hard I try I can't seem to sew a straight line! My Grandma has been gone for quite a few years, but I know my Mom will love this card and will instantly remember her Mom and all the beautiful things she used to lovingly sew.
I stamped the tag with Lemon Tart pigment ink and then cut it out. I added some twine to the buttons and then added some ribbon. The patterned paper is more of my new Lily Bee stack. Can't wait to drop this in the mail to my Mom.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: