Monday, June 10, 2013

Thanks Bunches!


It's the last week of school for my youngest daughter. It is so hard to believe how fast high school is flying by. Seems like just yesterday she was hopping on the bus to Pre-K and waving good-bye to her Dad and I. I tried to thank some of her teachers this year, we really wanted to remind them they are important and to thank them for all their hard work. I started with a card. The little cutie with the flowers hiding behind her back is Rosie Posy from Lili of the Valley. Isn't she the cutest? I colored her with copics and then cut the image out with a circle Nestabilities die. The patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Collectable collection called Notable. I love the oranges and blues in this stack!

Next I worked on decorating a glass jar. I put a band on solid cardstock around it and then added some flowers, a label cut with Verve's Classy Label Die and a chipboard V for the teacher's initial.

On the other side of the jar, I stamped the sentiment and added more blue rhinestones in the corner of the label.
I finished the top of the jar with more of the flowers cut with the Plentiful Petals die from My Favorite Things.  I love how the layers add dimension. The green scalloped circle was cut with a Nestabilities die and I added some rhinestones to really make the flowers pop. I filled the jar with chocolate chocolate chip cookies!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: