Friday, April 16, 2010

First Communion Card

My sister's middle child is celebrating her First Holy Communion this weekend. I Wish that my family and I could be there with her but my daughter is celebrating her Confirmation this weekend as well. Since it is impossible to be in two places at once I sat down to attempt a card that reflects the significance of the occasion. I stamped part of the flower image from the Taylored Expressions Discover Your Wings set with Memento Bamboo Leaves. I love this shade of green. Then I stamped the Lord's Prayer in Memento Tuxedo Black onto vellum and quickly set it with my heat gun. I layered the lighter green cardstock on top of the darker green, placed the vellum on top and then set the eyelets and threaded the ribbon. Then I attached the completed top to the card base. Eyelets and ribbon make it easy to attach the vellum without worrying about glue or adhesive showing through. I am not sure where I got the Lord's Prayer stamp, but I think it was a grab bag buy from My Sentiments Exactly but I won't swear to it.

No comments: