Friday, October 22, 2010

Christmas Pageant


I fell in love with this image as soon as I saw it. My first thought was of my girls and all the church Christmas pageants they have participated in over the years. One year my oldest daughter and two friends acted as the three wise men. My youngest daughter was Mary one year and as she got older she would sing in the choir. I love seeing all the little kids dressed up and acting out the story of Jesus' birth. Always seems to capture the true spirit of Christmas.
The biggest challenge was to be sure the paper and embellishments didn't overpower the beautiful image. I colored the image with colored pencils using the Gamsol technique, a little time consuming but it produced beautiful, subtle hues of color. I added some Stickles to the angel's wings and Smooch to the wooly lamb. I also added blue chalk to the patterned paper and the flowers.
I added the same blue ribbon to the inside of the card. I think the sentiment finishes it off perfectly. Thanks for looking and please leave a comment and let me know what you think!


2 comments:

JustYolie said...

Oh that's a beautiful card...well done! :)

Sheri said...

Very sweet Angela...love the blues!