Monday, January 9, 2012

Miles Above The Rest

My youngest daughter is in high school and while she doesn't have the big class parties anymore, she does like to give small treats to a few friends. I was downstairs in my stamp room over the weekend trying to brainstorm something that was cute but not cutesy. This is what I came up with.
I took a 3 1/2 x 2 inch paper bag and cut the top off with a zig zag die. I added some red and black cardstock and then used some My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Union Station patterned papers. I used my new Sizzix embossing folder on the red circle and then got to work on the bunny. I love this bunny and the sentiments that came with the set--perfect for lots of occasions. I colored the bunny with copies and then paper pieced his parachute with more of the Union Station papers. I stamped the sentiment and then cut it out with a First Place Ribbon Die from My Favorite Things. To finish it off I added some silver gems on the bottom and tied the bag shut with some baker's twine and a button (a la Jen Del Muro). I think these will be perfect for my daughter to fill with a few chocolates and give to a few special friends.
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: