Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Box

I wanted to make something really special for my youngest daughter for Valentine's Day this year. It seems like she gets to see all the things I make as I am getting ready to mail them out to other people, so I think it is her turn. I made the box with my scor-pal and then used a Nestabilities die to cut the window out. I covered the window with clear acrylic and then used My Mind's Eye Love Me papers to decorate the top and bottom. I always make a test box with old paper I have on hand, gives me a chance to iron out all the kinks before using good, expensive paper. The hearts are felt that I cut out with the Heart Trio Cut Ups from The Cat's Pajamas. I added a few rhinestones for some extra sparkle.
 Detail shot of the side.

 I used stamps from The Cat's Pajamas to decorate the candy bar wraps.
Two clear acrylic boxes I made. I filled them with her favorite candy...Dove and Reese's.
 The inside of the finished box.
 Thanks so much for stopping by have a great Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Lisa H. said...

oooo, what a sweet box full of yummy sweets! this is really cute.