Friday, October 14, 2011

Puppy Present

 This is my entry for The Cat's Pajamas Tuesday challenge. I'll admit when I saw the star I was a little perplexed, but once I saw this puppy popping out of the present I knew I could make it work. That is what challenges are all about right?! I am so glad that I decided to get this pooch inky! I stamped and colored him twice and then cut one of them out and layered it on top of the other image with some pop dots to add some dimension. Hard to tell from the pic, but trust me it works. I used a couple of scalloped rectangles to layer the darling dog on and then got to work on the star. I dug through my dies quick and figured out that I didn't have any that would work. No problem, I fired up my Cricut and cut one from a Doodle Charms cartage in no time. Easy peesy lemon squeeze--or so they say. I added some hand drawn stitched to the edge with a gel pen. I used a Sizzix embossing folder for the green card stock. The patterned paper is from Cloud Nine, I love how the dots match the present. I finished it off with one of the sentiments from the set.
Have a great weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Such a sweet card! Your star looks great! You did a wonderful job with the sketch! :D