Friday, December 30, 2011

With Feeling

The cute little bunny is from The Cat's Pajamas. You may recognize him, besides throwing snowballs he loves birthday cake! We have been lucky enough here to avoid old man winter so far. Thank goodness, two years ago we had one of the worst winters on record, can't stand it. My idea of a snow storm involves  a very small amount of the white stuff, I have to be able to get to Starbucks! My daughter, my mom and my siblings all live in Nebraska, I used to call it home as well until the Air Force made us an offer to relocate--they offer, you move, no real negotiating or anything. After four years in Japan we ended up here in Maryland, again courtesy of the USAF and it has been our home for over ten years. Anyways, as soon as I saw this stamp I laughed, thinking of my family out in Nebraska--where they know what cold is-- and just had to have it. I stamped him with Memento ink and then colored him with copies. I added some spica glitter pen to the snow. I used a Nestabilities die for the scalloped square and then some Christmas paper that was laying on my table. The button and twine (also from TCP) finish it off.
I stamped the sentiment for the inside and added a little color with copics and the glitter pen. Think after the next snow storm to hit Omaha I will have to drop this in the mail to my daughter!
Thanks for stopping!

No comments: