Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Ashley!


As hard as it may be to believe the little girl snuggling the naked doll in her rocking chair will be twenty six years old at the stroke of midnight. Yep, my oldest daughter is a New Year's baby! Having your birthday on a major holiday can be both a blessing and a curse, some years friends and family are a little partied out from the night before. My mom always reminds her that the whole world is celebrating with her. It also means that Christmas and your birthday are within a week of each other. For some reason in our family we have a ton of holiday birthdays--father in law celebrates his birthday the night before my daughter and my sister in law has two children one born on Christmas and one on St Patrick's day. Yep, we love a holiday birthday!


In honor of her birthday I got out the bunny stamps again--remember I told you he loves snow and cake, he is a mischievous little rabbit for sure! I colored him with copies and then used some liquid appliqué on the frosting, instead of heat setting it I added glitter and let it dry over night. The patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Madison Avenue. I love the pink, green, and brown color combo. Hope you have a wonderful holiday. Happy Birthday Ashley, love you!


No comments: